y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: Meet Catrina Best, Transgender Girl Hoping To Become A Boy.

Friday 4 January 2013

Meet Catrina Best, Transgender Girl Hoping To Become A Boy.

Feminine fight: Best said she had tried to be a girl by growing her hair and wearing dresses to fit in as a teenager but it made her unhappy

Catrina Best, a 20 year old girl who has been modelling her look on pop star Harry Styles a member of One Direction Boy Band and hopes to have surgery to complete her transformation. She hopes to have hormone therapy, testosterone injections and have her breasts removed. She was diagnosed with gender identity disorder, She said that after getting the diagnosis 'everything fell into place in my life, why I didn't fit in, why my relationships with  boys didn't feel right. It was a huge relief.

Role model: Catrina Best, left, revealed why she wants to look like One Direction's Harry Styles on today's This MorningRole model: Catrina Best, left, revealed why she wants to look like One Direction's Harry Styles on today's This Morning



'When I started at a new school as a teenager I had made the decision to have short hair but because of the school uniform, I had to wear skirt. It was terrible. I was the only girl with short hair, everyone else was girly. I was bullied because I was the odd one out and different.'
The law student, who was born in Northern Ireland, said it was easier when she lived in the UK as people were more 'open-minded'. But as her mother is Portuguese, they moved to Portugal when she was a teenager where she tried to make an effort to be more feminine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment