y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: The First Time I Had Sex I Was Raped - Foluke Daramola

Saturday 19 January 2013

The First Time I Had Sex I Was Raped - Foluke Daramola



Popular Nollywood actress, Foluke Daramola, gave an interview to Punch Newspapers.
My first sexual encounter
My first introduction to sex was rape. It was with one of our tenants. I got so close to him and saw him as an elder brother. He looked at me as someone that had been exposed because I was busty and he thought I had had a sexual experience before. So he had his way with me. Then it was not something you tell the whole world. People said we should keep quiet about it. Then they tried to make trouble with him but subsequently people said we should keep quiet about it. We had to try and manage it in our own way even though it affected me for a long time psychologically. I had to gradually get over it. I believed so much in the principle of keeping your virginity till you are married. I started showbiz from Teen TV on DBN with Chichi Okaro. Then I used to be so vocal and when we spoke about pre-marital sex and virginity, I was always so passionate about it. It was such a disadvantage and a pity for me. How sad we all have a responsibility to our children and wards. This happened a while back but it still hurts to think about or talk about and it seems to be quite rampant these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment