y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: For The Love Of Dame Jonathan.

Sunday 17 February 2013

For The Love Of Dame Jonathan.



First Lady Patience Jonathan Admits Undergoing Nine Surgeries In One Month As  Lavish Thanksgiving Party Shuts Down Abuja About 5000 guests, including 18 state governors, have overrun Abuja for a lavish thanksgiving party thrown for Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan, at a cost of N500 million.
Although she had previously denied being in hospital in Germany, Mrs. Jonathan opened up today at a special service at the Aso Rock Chapel, stunning worshippers with the admission her medical condition had been very serious. “I actually died,” Premium Times quoted her as testifying.  “I passed out for more than a week. My intestine and tummy were opened.”She said her doctors had actually given up hope, although she did not specify her diagnosis.  “It was God himself in His infinite mercy that said I will return to Nigeria. God woke me up after seven days.”During her six weeks away from Nigeria last year, the presidency refused to say anything to the country about her condition.  Upon her return to Abuja on October 17, Mrs. Jonathan denied having been in any hospital.  “I don’t even know that hospital they are talking about…” she said on that occasion.  “I do not have any terminal illness or cosmetic surgery.”For today’s thanksgiving merriment, an organising committee chaired by Mr. John Kennedy Okpara raised over N500m, which would most likely be presented to Mrs. Jonathan as a gift, as the presidency is bankrolling the event. In 2012, Mrs. Jonathan suddenly became ill and was evacuated in a medical emergency to Germany.  SaharaReporters was informed by well-placed sources that her medical troubles had begun earlier in Dubai, where she was then treated because her hands were twitching. In her church testimony today, an apparently humbled Mrs. Jonathan revealed the extent of her suffering, including having “eight or nine operations” within a period of one month. Of the future, she said, “I will be doing things that will touch the lives of the less privileged. God gave me a second chance because I reached there. He knew I had not completed the assignments He gave me that was why I was sent back.” Observers said this afternoon it will be curious to see how she implements that agenda, given her track record as well the massive “celebration” that is costing Nigerian taxpayers a ton of money on top of her humongous medical expenses so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment