y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: My Daddy Wept When Buhari Asked Him To Be His Running Mate.

Sunday 25 August 2013

My Daddy Wept When Buhari Asked Him To Be His Running Mate.

Bakare and his family
In this interview with GBENGA ADENIJI, a daughter to Pastor Tunde Bakare, Olubunmi, talks about her life and how her daddy felt was he was asked by Genral Mohammed Buhari to contest for election alongside him:
She is Olubunmi Bakare. The first of five children of Pastor and Mrs. Tunde Bakare. I earned a degree in Political Science from the Emory University, Atlanta, United States.
Did he discuss with members of his family when he decided to contest for the number two office in the country and if he did, what response did he get?
Let me tell you a story about that. I was the only one at home the day Gen. Muhammadu Buhari called him. He was downstairs and I was upstairs. After receiving the call, he ran to my room and broke down in tears. I have never seen my dad cry except for some scenes in one or two Nollywood movies. I have not actually seen him cry. I asked him what the matter was. He said Gen. Buhari just called and asked him to be his running mate. He said people would think his stance on the state of the nation was for political office whereas it was never his intention. I told him the development was totally different from what he stood for because I know that the overriding interest of my father is the growth and development of the country. I remember some of the things he had told us when he was growing up about his love for Nigeria’s advancement. I also remember the dream I had earlier about my father having a significant role to play in the reshaping of Nigeria. I then told him to accept the offer because I know he has a very pure heart. I pray Pastor Bakare is giving the oppurtuinty to serve this Nation. Read the rest of the interview here.........................
Punch NG

No comments:

Post a Comment