y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: Studio 53 Presenter Eku Edewor Features In Vogue Italia

Wednesday 30 October 2013

Studio 53 Presenter Eku Edewor Features In Vogue Italia


Eku Edewor can be described as a woman who is not afraid to dress elegantly . It is an inclination to the style that has acquired since childhood. She grew up between Nigeria and England within a family had a flare for fashion and aware of the importance of transmitting their personality through their choices in clothing. We talk to Eku Edewor and, while evoking memories and tells us about his personal sense of style and how they have influenced its roots, we offer you a glimpse into the world of fashion in Africa.
Could you tell us something about your past and background? What role did the fashion in your childhood? I grew up in two countries: Nigeria and Britain. I had a childhood interesting and I came in contact with different cultures thanks to the fact that my parents love to travel. I spent Christmas at Eku, Delta State, the village of origin of my parents in Nigeria. While the summers I shared between Europe, America and other African states. Growing up I was experiencing the world through the eyes of my parents through which I could see wonderful art, visiting museums, I went to the restaurant and I was shopping. I may not have been able to appreciate it at the time but those experiences have determined my relationship with clothing. I lived in Lagos until the age of 13 then I moved to Cranbrook, Kent where I started in private schools at the Benenden School. My mother, Juliana Edewor, has always had an incredible style and her approach to fashion is always personal yet constantly in step with the times, so I think that both me and my twin sister Kessiana have inherited his taste and sense of style. The My adoptive father , Peter Thomas, was a man with impeccable style , from these I learned the importance of the quality of the clothes and the priority that should be on this trend and quantity. My father, Hugh Thorley, has an innate sense of elegance and taught me not to bring a suit with safety adds value to the look. How would you describe the culture of the Nigerian fashion now days? Nigerian women I have to say that we love to express ourselves, the bright colors and cheerful prints, we are magpies, in that sense. We love things that sparkle and shine, both in clothes and accessories, and the silhouette shapes. So I understand how difficult it is to introduce other elements that differ from what is described: Our style is flamboyant and flashy, that's how we like it. But I will say also that, as the fashion industry develops and grows, it seems to me that our approach to clothing is evolving. Nigerians have personality to spare , and even if we are not in one of the fashion capitals, we act as if we were! And it is precisely why I love the fashion here in Nigeria and we are proud people, we love to dress elegantly and even "too dressed up", we could also make wrong choices at times but all dress with care.
 Vogue Italia

No comments:

Post a Comment