y1WlEjNAYV3-K1WpS3N1_iK3Azo TaJuLa's Blog: Beyonce On Why She Featured Chimamanda Adichie And The Video That She Used.

Thursday 19 December 2013

Beyonce On Why She Featured Chimamanda Adichie And The Video That She Used.

                           Beyoncé Knowles attends the J.Crew Spring 2012 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on Sept.13, 2011, in New York City.  Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, speaks to The Associated Press during an interview on Saturday, April 27, 2013, in Lagos, Nigeria.
Beyonce  introduced her fans to Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, an award-winning Nigerian author who has been making headlines in the literary community for years. Beyoncé sampled a TEDxTalk Adichie gave titled "We should all be feminists" for the bridge of her song "***Flawless." From the talk – which mostly focused on the status of women in Nigeria ("Because it is where I know and where my heart is," Adichie explains) – "***Flawless" pulls lines that can apply to women everywhere:
“Everything she said is exactly how I feel. My message in this album was finding the beauty in imperfection,” Bey continues. “I had this image of this trophy and me accepting these awards and kind of training myself to be a champion and at the end of the day when you go through all of these things, is it worth it? I mean, you get this trophy and you’re like, ‘I basically starved, I have neglected all the people that I love, I’ve conformed to what everybody else thinks I should be and I have this trophy. What does that mean? “The trophy represents all of the sacrifices I made as a kid, all the time I lost being on the road in the studios as a child and I just want to throw that s**t up! Watch the "We should all be feminists: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie at TEDxEuston"

Global Grind/Daily Post/YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment